GenoFAB is a laboratory informatics company that recently launched a transformative Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who shares our vision of a data-driven life science industry that can tackle the world's most pressing challenges faster and cheaper than ever before.
GenoFAB is looking for an Experience Ruby on Rails developer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience working with large Ruby on Rails applications. You believe that user interface details really matter, you care about creating structured and maintainable code, and you consider development your craft. You will enjoy the challenge of developing an application to allow users with a limited understanding of data to design and manage some of the most complex scientific data sets.
You contribute to the early development of the GenoFAB and you may be in a prime position to take a leadership role as the product development team grows.
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth.
- Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Architect and provide guidance on building end-to-end systems optimized for speed and scale
- Participate or lead the recruitment of junior software developers.
- Manage and mentor junior software developers
- Collaborate across time zones via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and video conferences
- 3+ years writing production-grade Rails apps
- 2+ years writing React or similar
- 3+ years being part of an Agile team
- Experience with Jira, Pivotal Tracker or equivalent
- Experience designing, building and documenting APIs
- Advanced Git knowledge
- Can translate design mockups and prototypes into logical, efficient user stories
- Writes clean, readable code
- Writes meaningful, flexible tests
- Highly organized and methodical
- Manages time wisely
- Possesses excellent communication and relational skills
- Bachelor of Science or four-year college degree
- Eligible to work in the US.
- Experience recruiting and managing software developers
- Experience with high availability apps and infrastructures
- Experience with big data, data warehousing, sharding, etc.
- Graduate degree in computer science or an engineering field.
- Experience developing high-performance computing applications, preferably in a cloud-environment.
- Experience working on life science problems such as bioinformatics, genomics, image processing, synthetic biology, systems biology.
- Relevant industry certifications
- Experience with AWS and Heroku
- User-oriented with a good sense of UX
- Residence in Colorado
Compensation: $75,000 to $115,000