GenoFAB is a laboratory informatics company that recently launched a transformative Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). We are looking for an Application Scientist who shares our vision of a data-driven life science industry that can tackle the world's most pressing challenges faster and cheaper than ever before.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of laboratory work experience preferably in a life science environment. You have personally experienced the challenges of managing and analyzing large data sets. You are relentless in the pursuit of efficiency in everything you do. You believe in systems and processes to improve throughput and consistency. You may have used a Laboratory Information Management System or Electronic Laboratory Notebook such as Benchling, LabVantage, or eLabNext.
You will contribute to the early development of the GenoFAB platform. This position will prepare you to take a leadership role managing the GenoFAB product by helping the engineering team understand the user needs.
- Participate in the design and testing of new product versions
- Lead the development of user education material including knowledge-base articles, screen casts, and in-app guides.
- Develop application modules corresponding to common experimental workflows.
- Guide new users in the adoption of GenoFAB.
- 5+ Years of laboratory work in a life science environment.
- 3+ of research experience collecting, managing, and analyzing experimental data
- Excellent relational skills
- Outstanding communication skills in a variety of formats (writing, presentation, teaching)
- Highly organized and methodical
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Ph.D in life science, engineering, or related field.
- Eligible to work in the US. Company will not sponsor visa applications.
- Working knowledge of Python, Java, or other object-oriented programming language.
- Working knowledge of data structures including relational data models and object-oriented data model.
- Experience using a LIMS or ELN system
- Prior experience developing bioinformatics and/or data analysis scripts.
- Experience designing and producing short educational videos
- Residence in Colorado
Compensation range: $70,000 to $90,000